First Weekend

Weekend one is in the bag.  Since we are also in a band, we had two gigs this weekend but that didn't stop us from being onboard as much as possible.  We had to move her from her previous marina to our slip, about a 30 mile trip, and the weather was not in our favor, so that was the adventure of the day on Friday.  Since I had to work until noon, the Captain solo'ed her over from Mandeville to Slidell, where he picked me (and my dad) up for the ride up the bayou to our slip.  I knew he was getting close to the Hwy 11 bridge so I took that route home from work.  Much to my delight and surprise, I was stopped for the drawbridge...  for my own boat.  Nice to see her from this angle, though.
She was hauling ass.
In Slidell, I took this picture of her coming in to the dock.  Isn't she beautiful?
Oh, hi, gorgeous.


After we got her situated at home, all plugged in, etc., we went and ate supper and fetched up the Captain's car from Mandeville.  Then we grabbed the First Mate and brought him over to the boat, where we settled in for the night.  Weather alerts were pinging but we were confident, and rightly so, that we would be fine.  She did great, and we did find a few new leaks.  Which is good, I guess.  Now we know what to fix next.

First Mate before bed, in the salon.  He decided to sleep there instead of in his bunk.

Not much changed by morning.
We fooled with the GPS some, trying to figure it out and started to (gasp) read the manuel.  We also made friends with our dock neighbors (they own the house next door) and their dog, Stella.  Stella is a fat, lovely Old English Bulldog and they foster her, so she probably won't be around forever.  Too bad, because I am in LOVE.  Stella and her human came on board yesterday evening for a drink.  Stella is a fan of Corona.  Her person stuck with wine.  We also had the bandmates on board, so it was a little party.  Drinks on the aft deck!
She loves me, too.
It was a pretty good initial weekend.  Too bad it was cold (see the boots, above).  I bought some new boat stuff, too, including a stair step for the dock.  Next weekend we will have more time and can focus on doing some boat-cleaning as well.  She needs it. I am sure we will be on board before the weekend, though, especially since she is only five minutes from home, now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's fine because they don't call it "catching" so no I didn't catch anything and nobody cares, actually.

Batteries are heavy, fyi.

A Little Bit Famous