Sunshine and friends!

When we bought the boat, the big thing was, will we use it as much as it deserves to be used, or will it waste away, waiting for our attention.  I think we silently agreed that we would never let that happen.  The cap goes aboard very nearly every single day, and I am on board at least five days a week.  More so, now that the small mate is in Georgia for a few weeks.

We have had a number of outings with friends here and there since we got her, too.  This weekend was a new record for that though, and was so fun.

At my work, we have a book club that meets monthly.  We read a book and then get together and eat lunch and talk about the book.  I got to pick for May's book (to be discussed in June) and chose an Agatha Christie book.  The book had an unfortunate original name (with a word that rhymes with "chigger") but is now called "And Then There Were None."  Decent enough, and features a boat/island, so it was fun to invite the ladies to lunch on the aft deck while we cruised the bayou and discussed the book.

We did all of that except discuss the book.  It was a very pleasant way to spend a Friday afternoon.

On Saturday, we had three couples from Bay St. Louis come hang out on board.  This was the literal best, y'all.  I was so excited to host my friends and we had such a great day.  Some pictures follow, but they don't do justice to how much fun it was.  And I now know that Kris is my soulmate; we were content to lie in the sun or float on a noodle in the lake all day, beer in hand.  We need to plan a vacation with Kris and Chuck, honestly.  Our friends Chris and Dawn had bought a sailboat that morning, so they were in boat-mode, too.  Such a fun day.

Chuck.

At the helm.

Still at the helm.

Rob discovered a new seat.  I highly approve.

Again at the helm.

Kris.

After the crowd went back to the bay, we just relaxed on board.  Fell asleep early while a movie was playing.  It was pretty much perfect.

On Sunday, we intended to go to the house for a while but we saw that a storm was rolling in after church so we bee-lined for the boat.  A nap on a boat in a thunderstorm is the stuff that dreams were made of.

After we got up, we got daiquiris and sat outside and hung out until I worked up the nerve to do some practicing.  I drove her up and down the bayou, perfecting the spinning technique (it took a while, but I got it down) and then I DOCKED HER FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.

There was a weekender at the rental across the cove and he literally applauded.  I think it was clear that I was scared to death.  But it was a good docking, smooth and clean.  I had a good teacher.  Who then had to go pull my lines for me, hahaha.

We walked around the cove to poke around on a dead sailboat on the other side, and while we were there, I got a couple of pictures of my girl from the other side.  The side less seen.
We still need to change her name

Pretty girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's fine because they don't call it "catching" so no I didn't catch anything and nobody cares, actually.

Batteries are heavy, fyi.

A Little Bit Famous